[MacDV] converting .mov to.wmv

CM McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Wed Nov 8 13:42:07 PST 2006

On 8 Nov 2006, at 03:18, Robert Green wrote:

> I have a video file created with a still camera in a mov  file format.
> I want to play the file in powerpoint presentation on a windows
> machine at work. I have tried to convert it by importing it into my
> mac at home in imovie and then sharing as wmv. It does the conversion
> but it won't  do the complete file. The 15 second video becomes about
> 6 seconds.  I have tried adjusting the quality in settings but it has
> made no difference. Any ideas why the complete file does not convert
> or is there some shareware that will  do the job?

Sounds like you might be using the free version of FlipForMac which is
now offered instead of WMP for Mac. This lets you convert half a video
as a demo. You have to pay to enable full functionality.

<www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?
pid=windowsmedia>

As the man says, just use QuickTime for Windows.

olin McDonald