[MacDV] Final Cut Express Problem

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Oct 13 19:07:29 PDT 2006

How many DVD players have you tried playing your disks on?  Some
players have trouble playing burned disks and they will not play
smoothly.  I have found three things that help 1) switching brand of
dvd-r   2) making the content of the disk longer than one hour, what
this does is reduce the bit rate of the mpg2 compression resulting in
a better chance of playing smoothly.  3) switching the dvd player,
take your disk to a large electronics store and try playing it on
several of their machines

Hope this is of help

Gerhard