[MacDV] FCP- Importing Music Files & Transitions containing Artifacts

carlian carlian at picknowl.com.au
Mon Oct 16 01:36:48 PDT 2006

I am using the latest version of FCP on a 2.66 duo-core MacPro.

When I try to import music into FCP from iTunes the iTunes library is
greyed out and upon going to User>Music>iTunes>iTunes Music I end up
with a list of artists rather than "songs".   I have been getting
around this by dragging a copy of the music I require from the actual
iTunes window to the Desktop and then importing the resultant file
into FCP.

Can someone give me a clue how to access the iTunes library from FCP
please?

My other problem is that when I go to do "dissolve", or "Iris"
transitions in the timeline I end up with footage (artifacts?) from a
completely unrelated clip appearing within part of the transition.  I
have tried closing down FCP and reopening it but the same thing still
happens.   There is no sign of the unwanted footage between the two
clips prior to attempting to do a transition.  I never had this
problem in iMovie.

Any clues please?

Ian Tucker