[MacDV] FCP- Importing Music Files & Transitions containing Artifacts

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Oct 17 17:29:05 PDT 2006

On Oct 17, 2006, at 8:20 PM, Shirley Kehr wrote:

> I don't know anything about FCP, so this is just a guess. How do
> you have your iTunes library sorted. If the artist column head is
> highlighted, try switching to the Song Name column and see if that
> makes a difference.
>
> Shirley
>
> On Oct 17, 2006, at 2:03 AM, carlian wrote:
>
>> When I drill down through the folders in FCP I get a list of
>> artists from which I can import music, but what I want is a list
>> of the songs in iTunes (as they appear in the iTunes Library).

Final Cut Pro does not interface with iLife applications. It has no
iTunes support.
IF you have to use songs that are in iTunes, drag them out of iTunes
(right out of the list) into a folder on your desktop.
Then you want to run each one through QuickTime Pro and make it AIFF
48K (assuming that is what you are doing your timeline as).
If all of your iTunes are already 48k aiff you can skip the QT. (but
usually they are not)
Then import the folder with your newly converted tunes and throw away
all other versions lying around.
easier than it sounds.
Jim