[MacDV] Re: how many hours (QT) will fit on 500GB drive?

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 13:04:57 PDT 2006

A media converter uses DV codec. DV uses 3.6mg/sec, which is about 13GB/hour

Since you are starting with pretty high quality, you could take the DV video
files and then compress to a different codec, like iPod video, H.264 which
will hold much much more. HandBrake is good for that process.

 regards,

 sb