[MacDV] Final Cut Pro

Karl Hayden khayden at iol.ie
Fri Sep 15 05:17:31 PDT 2006

Hi,

I just replaced my old iMac G5 with the new iMac Intel. When I had
Final Cut Pro on my old computer it was installed by a friend and he
configured it all for me before I started using it. He is away on
holidays for the next three weeks and I installed Final Cut Pro on
the new computer. But I am having some problems and i can not find
answers in the 'Help' files.

The problem is.... I load up my video and stills but when I try to
play it back I keep getting the following message when it comes to
playing back the stills clips (this is the first time I have used
stills). I never had this problem before.... so I don't know how to
fix it.

Warning - Dropped Frames

One or more frames were dropped during playback.

If this occurs frequently, try:
-Turning off "unlimited RT"
-Lowering your compression data rate.
-Closing open sequences.
-Lowering the preference for real-time audio tracks.
-Increasing the speed of your system and/or disk drives and/or
network connection.

My system:
iMac Intel
Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
OSX 10.4.7
Final Cut Pro 5

Does anyone know what I have done wrong and how to correct it?

Many thanks.

Karl Hayden