[MacDV] QT software?

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 10:11:41 PDT 2006

But QuickTime *will* tell you what is missing, it just is not obvious
or intuitive.

Instead of clicking Continue click Cancel and let QuickTime open the
file.

After that, choose Show Movie Properties from thw Window menu. (Apple-
J will also work.)

In that properties window, you will see Sound Track and Video Track
and possibly some other lines.

If your video is playing the Video but not the Audio, check which
codec is being used for the Audio. If the Audio is being heard, but
not the Video check which video codec is being used.

There is almost always a codec available for one or the other, just
not on Apple's site. Google it.

Then, if all else fails, use Flip4Mac or VLC.

On Sep 24, 2006, at 6:30 AM, osxlists wrote:

> I've been through this before and and had the same grief as you.
> Plainly justified, I think, since it's one of the most stupid and
> helpless message I ever found in OSX!
>
> There is no way to know exactly about what QT is complaining since
> it's not telling (some lazy programmer been there and it's been
> like that for years!).
>
> What I do then is to open the file with VLC and most of the time
> it's working!
> (except when it's a crappy windows file broken beyond my will to
> open such ugly video!)

[snipped to get past the lame 5k limit]

--
Nick Scalise