[MacDV] A Bacic DVD

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Apr 6 11:45:44 PDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 5:47 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> I created my movie in iMovie and now I want to burn a DVD that I
> can pop
> into my DVD player and watch on TV.  No iDVD themes, no funky music,
> just the project I created in iMovie.  Any advice?

I think the way to do this using iDVD is to create a project, go to
the "Map" view (click the Map button at the bottom) and drag your
movie into the first box that says, "Drag content here to
automatically play when the disk is inserted." It used to be that
iMovie automatically created a reference movie you could drag in like
this. But it doesn't do that any more so you may have to export your
iMovie (full quality DV -takes lots of disk space) before you can do it.

If you don't already have Toast, it would be worth a try -tell it to
save as a disk image and check the result before burning.

-Mike