[MacDV] QUES: Sony Hi* into Panasonic GS500MiniDV trouble

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Tue Feb 27 18:09:48 PST 2007

BUMMER DUDE!

This might be grounds for a changeover of camcorder units - if the
salesperson said it could be done. Otherwise you'll need an analogue to DV
bridge device.

Personally I'm very happy with my Panasonic (was the best on the market
for its kind at the time) so don't be too keen on kicking the Panasonic
out the door for the purposes of catering to your old technology when the
future footage taken could be at stake.... if you know what I mean.

Best o' luck!

Cheers,

Coj

Nick Scalise <nickscalise at cox.net>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
28/02/07 12:52 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [MacDV] QUES: Sony Hi* into Panasonic GS500MiniDV trouble

On Feb 27, 2007, at 7:25 PM, Tiik at aol.com wrote:

> Now I know it IS possible, as I was led to believe it was.
> I  found a section in the  manual on connecting OUT to VCR's and
> TV's...
> and I found camcorder to camcorder for digital devices.
> Nothing about going INTO to the camcorder from an analog device.
>
> I've followed the manual instructions Page 54...set Advanced>rec
> stdby>yes
> no dubbing occurred...then I see that instruction has (recorder)
> next to it????
>
> I don't get it.
>
> Are you willing to talk me through this?
> I will pay for the call.
> Well, I get free LD with my sprint cell, anyway. :-)
> I thought that would be easier than detailed emails.

PV-GS500 does *not* have analog-to-digital pass through.

 From the camcorderinfo.com website:

<http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Panasonic-PV-GS500-Camcorder-
Review/Comparisons--Conclusion.htm>

--