[MacDV] QUES: Sony Hi* into Panasonic GS500MiniDV trouble

Gordon Alley gordon at gordonalley.com
Tue Feb 27 20:10:22 PST 2007

Even if the camcorder doesn't have pass-through mode, I would still
expect that you could record to the Panasonic's miniDV tape.

When you record from analog inputs on a camcorder, you don't put the
camcorder in the Camera mode, like you would to record a live scene.
You would put it in VCR mode, like you would when you want to play
back a video. But instead of pushing the Play button, you would have
to push a separate Record button. As someone else has stated, if you
don't see another Record button on the camcorder (NOT the button you
push to start recording a live scene through the lens), then it may be
that you have to use a record button on the camcorder's remote
control.

All my miniDV's have been Canons, so I'm not really sure how the
Panasonic works. It may be that that particular model can't record
from an analog source. I didn't find your model on the Panasonic
website, but the closest model I found (numerically, anyway), the
GS-85, didn't seem to have a feature to record from analog inputs.

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley
http://www.gordonalley.com