[MacDV] Making Chapters in video

David Abramowitz david.abramowitz at verizon.net
Sun Jan 14 18:09:59 PST 2007

Unless I'm missing something, the easiest thing to do is import the
video into iMovie, make Chapter Markers for the chapters, then choose
the Share option and pick iDVD as the target. This will open iDVD,
which will automatically create chapters in the DVD based on the ones
you made in iMovie. After that it's just a matter of selecting a
theme in iDVD, and burning it. You'll either choose a theme which
makes motion menus out of your chapters, or text menus. Having just
completed converting our entire video library (old VHS tapes, 8mm
tapes and digital tapes) into DVDs, I am very familiar with this
process, and iMovie and iDVD make it pretty painless.

Hope that helps!
Dave