[MacDV] FCP sound from iMovie

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Jun 25 13:49:52 PDT 2007

I have a video I¹m working on that was originally edited in iMovie by
someone else with some ³freeze frames² in it, 5 secs each. No problems there
but he needs a graphic superimposed overtop of the freeze frame images. I
created a graphic in photoshop. I exported the edited video in max DV
quality from iMovie it¹s a 2.2GB file that plays fine. Then I imported that
into FCP 5 where I was going to drop the graphic in the right spot and got
that to work just fine except there is no sound in FCP with the video. It
goes beep beep beep instead of sound. I¹ve tried rendering the sound and
that doesn¹t work, rendering all doesn¹t work, no rendering I could do
worked. Will FCP not take the sound from an exported iMovie file? The sound
track shows up in timeline.

Thanx

Richard