[MacDV] Movie wont play

Mike Rehbein rotorwash at mac.com
Sun Mar 11 17:57:51 PDT 2007

Yuck, problems are no fun....

Well, that is excessive. Hm....

Well, here is what I do when things look sour and I don't know why.

I have downloaded and installed a piece of software called Applejack.
This software has been a great help for the occasional time I have
unexplained stuff going on especially in iMovie...

So, I'd trying running through a few things like Disk Utilities and
do the fix permissions.
Then Restart holding the Cmd S keys to get to Applejack and there I
use the command (don't panic, this starts you in Single User Mode, a
black screen)     applejack auto restart
This tells Applejack to do it's set of deeds and when finished,
Applejack restarts, leaving you at the sign on screen and you know
Applejack has completed it's work.

Then try iMovie again. The first time Applejack runs, you may find it
takes a long time. That just means there was  a lot of work to do.

See if that helps with the export. Yes, I know the other movies work,
but this may still help you with the errant one :)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack

Mike