[MacDV] Movie wont play

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Mar 12 07:09:59 PDT 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Kim wrote:

> I am running iMovie 4.0.1 with OS10.4.8. I have a movie that I am
> trying to export back to tape. I know the camera connection is
> working. When I try to export or even play the movie within iMovie
> payback is jerky.

Ignore what you see on the monitor. How does the output look? Are you
viewing it on a TV as its being recorded to tape?

The reason I say to ignore what you see on the computer monitor is
because the process that displays the video in iMovie has a lower
priority than importing or exporting. That means iMovie will drop
frames in its display in order to avoid dropping frames during the
capture or export. I think if iMovie actually starts dropping data in
the import or export stream it fails and gives you a warning, I know
it does while importing, exporting may be a different matter.

-Mike