[MacDV] LP to Computer

DGH 2xprofs at optonline.net
Mon Nov 26 08:51:26 PST 2007

Hello and thanks to  Zane, Gorden. Mike & Tom

I tried a Griffen iMic I have but it must be an old one as it as 2
inputs icons of a mike and a speaker, no stereo.
  My turntable has a preamp and a red & a white RCA output and also a
USB outlet cord. The red & white plugs have metal shieldlke things
around the actual plug. Also, there is no input mike on my iMac.
laptop . The Griffen software Final Vinyl is the latest version.

I tried  bringing in sound from turntable with one RCA input plug.
Software seems to function but nothing comes over.

When I open garage band it asks for a valid instrument folder. I
looked in the instrument folder:  Application support/garage band/
Instrument flder. It is empty. ???

I guess I have to go back and struggle with Audacity music software
which came with the  Turntable.
> I have a Audio-Technica LP2D-USB turntable. Mac OS 10.4.1 Power PC
> 800 MHz G4 original flat panel Mac.

I guess I could buy the Toast update (I have version 5) or BiasPeak
LE or some other software but first I need to get the sound signal
into the computer and have to know if the app recognizes the USB
input.. The Audacity app recognizes the USB input from the turntable.
But I find Audacity cryptic in trying to use it. Anybody know if you
have to save a blank space before trying to bring in the signal? How?

George