[MacDV] LP to Computer

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Nov 26 10:28:12 PST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 10:51 AM, DGH wrote:

> I tried a Griffen iMic I have but it must be an old one as it as 2
> inputs icons of a mike and a speaker, no stereo.
> My turntable has a preamp and a red & a white RCA output and also a
> USB outlet cord

If your turntable has a USB outlet cord, then the iMic is superfluous.
Since your turntable has a preamp, we can assume the USB cable has
equalized digital audio on it and you can just plug it right into your
USB port on the computer. Then record with any of the applications
mentioned.

I use Audiocorder. You will probably find it easier to understand and
use than Audacity. You can also try Audio Hijack, which has the added
advantage of recording any audio passing through your Mac from any
source including web pages.

--
Dennis Fazio