Re(2): [MacDV] Software for importing LP music

Ed Morin edmorin at cox.net
Mon Nov 26 12:23:24 PST 2007

If the turntable has a pre-amplifier or uses a crystal cartridge the
quality should  be about the same. A magnetic cartridge has to have a
pre-amplifier with a proper tone curve for the magnetic cartridge
puts out almost no bass without the pre-amplifier. One of the other
answers listed a URL which explains the need for a pre-amplifier.  Ed