[MacDV] Re: MacDV Digest, Vol 40, Issue 5

DGH 2xprofs at optonline.net
Wed Nov 28 08:49:43 PST 2007

Thanks, Greg et al,
Here is a note I sent to iMovie group. Maybe someone can make sense
of it. Meanwhile I will ck on what Greg recommends in GarageBand (see
below):
The original disk that came with my G4 laptop had GBand. I transfered
it to my desktop G4 by firewire where it asked for the valid
instrument library. I just went back to the laptop and GBand seemed
to come up just fine. (Maybe Apple has some way of preventing GB to
work when it it transferred to another computer.)
Anyhow, I attached the turntable via the USB cable.  GB asked if I
wanted to use USB Audio CODEC and I said yes, so it must have
recognized the turntable connection. The Garage Band seems to record
when I push the red button. The the pointer line moves across the
screen, but I don't see any wave pattern. I hear nothing, tho
  I  went into the utilities folder Audio Midi Setup and put in USB
Audio CODEC for the default input. I went to GB Prefs and put in the
AudioMidi/icon USB Audio CODEC for both A input and output. I tried
playback. Nothing. Any ideas?
George
PS to Greg:
> Then plug your turntable analog outputs directly into the line
> input on your computer and use the "Built-in" inputs in your Sound
> Preferences panel. This would also work with any Mac audio apps.
There is no line input on either of my G4 computers. ??