[MacDV] Re: MacDV Digest, Vol 40, Issue 5

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Wed Nov 28 22:36:28 PST 2007

on 11/28/07 8:49 AM, DGH at 2xprofs at optonline.net wrote:

> Thanks, Greg et al,

> Anyhow, I attached the turntable via the USB cable.  GB asked if I
> wanted to use USB Audio CODEC and I said yes, so it must have
> recognized the turntable connection. The Garage Band seems to record
> when I push the red button. The the pointer line moves across the
> screen, but I don't see any wave pattern. I hear nothing, tho
>   I  went into the utilities folder Audio Midi Setup and put in USB
> Audio CODEC for the default input. I went to GB Prefs and put in the
> AudioMidi/icon USB Audio CODEC for both A input and output. I tried
> playback. Nothing. Any ideas?
> George

Not sure why you don't see any waveform. The only thing I can think of is
that the analog signal inside your turntable isn't getting through to the
the USB port (hence no waveform even though GB recognizes the USB
connection). BTW, the monitor output should be set to built-in audio, NOT
USB audio codec. There's no point in sending the audio signal back into the
turntable, unless is has a built-in speaker of course.

Hmmm.
--
Gregg