[MacDV] Re: Exporting sequences from FCP 6

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 4 06:35:26 PDT 2008

Hi,

No it's all SD.

I'm capturing off my camcorder in DV PAL. In the sequence settings
"QuickTime Video Settings" is set to DV-PAL.

FULL was not active and when I set it to render the progress bar said
it would take 18 mins so clearly I needed to render. Thanks for the
pointer.

If I make further edits it will no doubt need to render those also
correct, and it should only re-render the edited parts, not the whole
sequence, correct?

I hadn't been mixing down the audio, either.

BTW, my 500GB external FW drive is formatted HFS+.

I'm still curious about the previous versions of FCP.... actually, it
may be that the previous versions had the auto-rendering setting
activated and I think I may have deactivated it after installing v6.
So, previously, the rendering would have been completed on many of my
projects as my computer often lay inactive for hrs or overnight etc.
Then when I exported footage it would be quicker and the exported file
smaller. Does that seem right?

Many thanks,

Coj