[MacDV] Importing sound from audio cassettes

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 19 09:26:28 PDT 2008

I have some audio cassettes with stuff I'd like to import into my MBP for
adding to a DVD I'm making. It's not music, so the quality doesn't have to
be perfect, though I'd like it to be as good as possible. Is there some
simple way of importing it, like simply running some kind of cable from the
headphone jack on a boombox into some port on my MBP? And once imported, can
I simply add it to iTunes and edit from there? I've poked around the
internet and seen all kinds of things like using Audacity, for example, but
is there some simple way?

TIA,
Brian