[MacDV] Breaking DVD film up into clips

TUCKER ian carlian at picknowl.com.au
Mon Aug 25 06:27:49 PDT 2008

I am currently re-editing some old analogue VHS tapes of holidays.
I am doing this by playing the VHS tapes in a VCR and recording them
onto DVD's in our lounge room DVD player/recorder.  Following this, I
am playing the DVD disc in my Mac. and recording it in FCP (latest
edition).   Because there is no time code I am having to physically
break the film up into clips either by the Blade tool, or using the in
and out keys.

Is there any process I can use that will break the imported film into
individual clips?   I know this is a long shot, but just maybe.......?

Ian T.