[MacDV] Re: Breaking DVD film up into clips

Gordon Alley gordon at gordonalley.com
Mon Aug 25 06:58:08 PDT 2008

Or you can use a digital camcorder that can do analog->digital conversion,
often called "pass-through mode". You plug the output from a VCR into its AV
inputs, and connect a Firewire cable from the camcorder to the Mac.
I think you'll still have the problem separating the clips, though. But
bypassing the DVD step will result in better-quality video.

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley
http://www.gordonalley.com