[MacDV] Final Cut Express 4

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 2 05:33:33 PST 2008

Hi Guys,

Apple solved a problem for me. I've been using FCE since version 1.0.
I bought an upgrade to FCE HD, but never really got to use it. I
bought a MacBook and installed 2 gigs of ram so I could use it as a
portable editing platform (couldn't afford a MacBook Pro!) then
discovered that FCE HD wouldn't work, because it required a high
powered video card.

Yesterday, I went back to the Apple site to see exactly which video
cards would work. I was greeted with a new version - FCE 4. The specs
on this version say that it will work with the MacBook's Intel video
chip! So I have an update on the way.

I haven't seen any publicity for FCE 4. Are any of you using it?

Steve R.