[MacDV] Screenshot to iMovie

Mike Rehbein rotorwash at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 11:56:14 PST 2008

Sorry I even mentioned it now :)
Yes, you can do screenshots as files in the two apps.
Most people use those apps to capture motion, not screenshots to
a .JPG, or .PNG.

Forget the above, please.

Please, what I am taking time here to relate is about iMovie's known
problem rendering .JPG or .PNGs to a .DV file, the rendering.
Simply do not have iMovie do that work, let iDVD do it.
Or, use another product, such as Photo to Movie, ScreenFlow, Snapz Pro
X (assuming you have paid for the movie feature, yes).

I'll continue in the next email, the next email is all about the
question at hand, allowing someone to have iMovie ask again, regarding
rendering before sending the movie project on to iDVD.
This question is only asked once by iMovie and the way to get the
dialog box to appear again is to delete the com.apple.imovie.plist file