[MacDV] DVD Studio Pro app menus missing

Brett Conlon brettnlis at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 29 22:34:28 PST 2008

Update below... sorry for the double post...

<MacBook Pro 15" / 10.5.1>

Well blow me down.... I launched DVD Studio Pro (after not having done
so for a few weeks) and all of the application menus (File, Edit etc.)
are missing.

I've tried:
• Rebooting
• Removing the com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist file
• Removing the User's Library/App Support/Final Cut Studio/DVD Studio
Pro folder (which allowed me to choose the menu setup - I was hopeful
that might wake something up)
• Bogging about in the DVD Studio Pro app's package for menu pref files
• Creating a new user and launching DVDSPro
• Using Pacifist to install a new DVDSPro app (I couldn't see a way to
install DVDSPro from the Final Cut 5 Suite discs without installing
everything else too (all 9+GB) - all were ticked and greyed out)

None of which have fixed my issue. I can't find anything on Apple's
site nor on Google.

I've seen something similar from time to time under Leopard but it
only seemed to occur when I was moving quickly from one app to another
and all I had to do was slowly go out then back into the app and the
menus would appear - can't remember the specific apps I've seen it in.

Any thoughts????

Cheers,

Cojcolds