[MacDV] Don't let this list die; I need you

HW Bags hwbags at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 12:20:36 PDT 2008

My present process on an old G5 uses Imovie 3 for most things (because imovie 4 had too
many bugs).
Yes I think I have to boot from a 10.3 disk to get Imovie3 to run.
I usually export as the Highest QUality DV movie and then just drag and drop into Toast6.
I know there is a re-encoding  but I get my highest quality result doing it this way.

OK,
I have a new Macbook and I'm forced to use imovie8.  LOVE IT! With some nice command
equivalents I can edit my duaghter's soccer game really fast and the project organization
principle is great.   So that I can still burn on my G5 with the old toast I think the
best equivalent is to pick the "Save as a Quicktime Movie" selecting Movie to DVStream.
Does everyone agree this should be the best quality?

I think I tried this but the quality was lower than exporting as a large movie.  It may
be foolish but I tend to think bigger is better so the file size influenced my thinking
to a degree

Thanks