[MacDV] Re: Capturing AVCHD

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 07:31:27 PDT 2008

For AVCHD you use Log and Transfer, via USB, not Firewire.

AVCHD is a digital file transfer, not a "capture"

The camcorder records on either a disk or a chip. Either way, you
should be able to put the chip (a multicard reader) or the disk into
your computer and just transfer the data over.

You cannot go back to AVCHD. You must output to whatever final format
your client needs (iPod/iPhone, web, standard def, DVD, etc)

And, you must have Final Cut Express 4

hth,

sb