[MacDV] Creating DVD slideshow

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 16 18:56:28 PDT 2008

On 5/16/08 6:31 PM, "Tim Selander" <selander at tkf.att.ne.jp> wrote:

> I concur that iPhoto would be the easier, quicker way to go.
>
> But, having done a few of these, my advice is DO NOT use all 250
> pics. Nobody wants to sit down and look at that many pictures in
> a row. Except the couple, and then maybe once. Think the
> traditional wedding album -- pick your best shots that tell the
> story and go with those. Three to four minutes, tops. The brides'
> friends and family will thank you.
>
> Put all the shots up on a Flickr site, or some such, for the
> couple to look at non-linearly, at their leisure.
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, I agree on the number, I'm down to 130 and still cutting. It's
definitely going easily in iPhoto, but I need to put some section
divider/title slides in, and don't see how to do that in iPhoto. Do I have
to create these in some other program--like putting text over clip art or
something--and then convert them to .jpgs and import them to be used as the
title slides? Or is this something I can/should do after I import to iDVD?

By the way, my plan to preview it to them is to put the first decent version
up on YouTube for them to take a quick look at, before I pull it down.

Brian