[MacDV] help extracting audio

davi merelyn merelyn_davi at internode.on.net
Tue May 20 16:00:11 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to extract audio from a dvd with 2 parts, but I can only
ever get 1 part.

To be able to get the audio, I take these steps.
1. Use either HandBrake or DVDxDV to get a file that I can edit in
quick time.
2. I edit out the parts that I don't want, and import it into iMovie
3. I then extract the audio and import it into iTunes and burn a cd.

I have tried opening up the part that I haven't been able to extract
in dvd player, closing it, with the hope that because that part was
playing last the copy might come from that part, but it doesn't I
still get the same part as I got before.

I hope this makes sense, I'm not good at explaining things, however if
anyone out there has any suggestions or questions to ask to try to
solve my problem I would appreciate it.

Many thanks
Merelyn Davi