[MacDV] Basics regarding iMovie 6

Juan M juanm at mac.com
Thu May 29 19:10:20 PDT 2008

Hi

I have done many very nice movies in iMovie over the last few years
but I haven't done one in at least a year. So tonight I am starting a
project and I am having the basic problem that I don't recall how I
had resolved it in the past.

The question is what size/resolution should still photos be imported in?

Imovie 6 is being used.

I have tried cropping photos to 720 x 480 and 640 x 480 and both are
cropped? Why?

The final movie will be shown on a NTSC TV or using a projector.

I am viewing everything with my Mac set at 1152 x 720.

Resolution of the photos can vary from 72 dpi to 300dpi. is there a
optimum resolution? In the past I recall I always used 100 or 72.

I am all goofed up with the basics right now.

thanks for your input.

Back to googling.

Juan