[MacDV] new imovie and HDD camera

Garry Stokes stokesg at tpg.com.au
Thu Nov 27 11:33:24 PST 2008

I have some footage from a hard disk drive camera that I have captured
using imovie '08.

Quicktime player reports it as being MPEG-2 SD Camcorder video, 720 x
576 (1024 x 576)

When I try making a DVD of this footage, it is squashed. that is the
original 16:9  footage is forced to 4:3,
making all my subjects look incredibly skinny.

I intitally tried sharing to media browser (large 960 x 540) , then
using idvd. : squashed ..

then using the  footage at Movies/imovie events/ new event , visual hub
to  dvd .... result squashed

then using the  footage at Movies/imovie events/ new event, toast
titanium 6 to dvd ..... result squashed

I then tried share from imovie using quicktime at 1024 x 576 .... I got
an estimate of 380 minutes for 1minute 53 second clip
and after 2 hours, the progress bar was halfway, but the time had increased!

I have access to many programs .. I'm at a school
final cut studio 4
imovie 08, HD
adobe premiere
visual hub
toast 6

What is my best bet to get this stuff to DVD without distortion?
BTW does sharing to media browser save a copy of the video somewhere
other than Movies/imovie events/ new event ?

Sorry if this is previously answered, I can't search the archives!

--

Garry Stokes

Tuncurry Senior Campus

Great Lakes College