[MacDV] Imovie'o8

Gordon Alley gordon at gordonalley.com
Mon Oct 13 17:57:16 PDT 2008

In general, the high-end video editors (like Final Cut Pro, Final Cut
Express, Avid, etc.) work more like iMovie HD 6. So if the students are are
being prepared for semi-pro or pro editing, they would do best to learn with
iMovie HD 6. For students who only want to do casual editing (simple home
movies, etc.), iMovie '08 would probably be simpler to use.
-Gordon

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Shirley Kehr <shirleykat at mac.com> wrote:

> Just curious. Did these groups have any prior experience with movie
> editing? It would also be interesting to try it the other way around. With
> no experience of any kind editing videos, ask them to start with '08 and
> then '06. I'd be interested in anyone else's experience with that.
> Otherwise, I think a major part of what gets measured is how much people
> like to change the way they do something after having learned it one way.
>
> Shirley
>

> On Oct 13, 2008, at 7:48 PM, Allan wrote:
>
>   I recently asked two groups to edit their projects using both iMovie 06
>> and then 08. When I asked for thier opinions 96% of all participants chose
>> 06. (4% were absent.)
>
> --
Gordon B. Alley
http://www.gordonalley.com