[MacDV] 3D imaging

Dominion Market Research ross at dmrmail.com
Thu Oct 16 05:37:52 PDT 2008

Don,

I've never tried the technique you describe, but this is my
understanding of how you can do it with Photoshop and Final Cut
Espress or Studio.

Create your image in Photoshop with the various image elements you
want to move on different layers. Save the image as a Photoshop file.
Import into FCE or FCP and the layers will come in as different
tracks. You can then add effects or motion via keyframes to each
layer individually.

As I say, I've never done this myself, so I may be passing on bogus
advice. I hope not because I'd like to use the same effect sometime.

Ross Hunter
Orange, VA

>If I understand your question - for example, a shot of a old group
>photo where one of the people in the group is in front of the photo
>- that is usually done by creating a separate layer for that person
>or thing in Photoshop or a similar application so it can be imported
>into After Effects or Motion as separate layers and treated as 3D
>elements.
>
>Don
>Don Stark
>ScubaVision Productions
>Boston, MA USA and Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, BWI
>Weekly Video Netcast at www.ScubaVisions.TV
>

>On Oct 15, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Donald Tully wrote:
>
>>Hi Listers - I'm sure we have all seen documentary slide shows
>>wherein an image in the foreground seems to pop out from the
>>background.  Then as the viewing angle moves around, the image
>>appears to be 3D.  Can anyone share with me how this is done? Is it
>>software or technique?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>Don Tully
>>Viroqua, WI

Dominion Market Research-mailing services for Central Virginia
309 Madison Road
PO Box 791
Orange VA 22960-0464
USA
1-540-672-2327   1-800-328-2588   fax: 1-540-672-0296
http://www.dmrmail.com

Go Green !  Print only as needed.