[MacDV] Mini DV tapes

Gordon Alley gordon at gordonalley.com
Sun Sep 14 19:53:56 PDT 2008

I've been using the same tapes, and they've worked pretty well in my
new Canon HV30 (but because it is new, my experience is limited). I
did get 1 dropout in each of 2 out of 4 tapes that I recorded. There
was one event where I got a dropout during capture, but I was able to
recapture that piece of video without an error, and seamlessly edited
it into the sequence so you can't tell there was a problem. Another
time it wasn't recoverable, so I fudged it with a cross-dissolve
transition.

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley