[MacDV] Mini DV tapes

CFlatow cflatow at optonline.net
Sun Sep 14 17:55:10 PDT 2008

Folks,

I have been using TDK DVC60 Superior Grade and Sony DVM60PR2 Premium
grade for my personal work at a cost of about $3/tape and we have been
using Sony DVM63 HD tapes for the professional work at the office at
about $9/tape.

I called a retailer where my employer buys their tapes to ask about
different tape grades. He said that DVM and DVC were designations that
were interchangeable. He also said that the $9 tapes were specially
designated for HD, but as far as he knew, either tape would do the job
and he was not aware of any specific differences between them.

I would love to learn from the collected wisdom of this group about
any differences you may have found between the $3 tape and the $9 tape.

TIA,
Carl