[MacDV] In the market for a new Camcorder

video at pappals.com video at pappals.com
Mon May 11 06:06:37 PDT 2009

Good questions, answers are not that staightforward.

Search through CNET, if I recall there are plenty of HD camera reviews
and discussion,  like

http://reviews.cnet.com/hd-camcorders-guide/?tag=leftColumnArea1.0

or

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

Basically, Cameras that record to disk may or may not use some form of
compression. Cameras that record to tape do not, just like SD tape
cameras.

Some cameras do not capture full 1080 HD, i.e. cheat a little.  I don't
think you can get a 1080p camera in the consumer world. 25fps requires
some work flow changes, but not HD.

I use a Canon HV30, lots of bang for the buck, high quality, records to
tape at 1080i and can be set to 30 or 25 FPS.

See
http://www.hv20.com/forumdisplay.php?s=c2c9fe8dbf3e3af00ac613583904849f&f=18
 for cannon info

Sam