[MacDV] MPEG Stream Clip Question

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 21 15:39:07 PDT 2010

Hi Derek,

MS allows me in the Open dialogue window to select all of the video stream files at once and it merges them into a single video stream in MS, from which I can then export to various formats.

What I'm looking for is a way to simply save the video with its current settings as a single file. For example, I'm happy with the quality of the footage and the size doesn't bother me. I'm not interested in trying to get the file size down smaller or up-rez to a larger screen format.

To explain the situation further, My dad changed over from a Beyonwiz set top box to a Panasonic Blu-ray player with PVR function built in. Luckily he only had 3 video files he wanted me to extract for him from the Beyonwiz, otherwise I would still have a long road ahead encoding video to mp4. For myself, I have just recently purchased a Topfield PVR and I'm guessing that I'm going to be in the same boat when I finally manage to connect my Mac/PC to it. Because the Topfield has poor edit functionality, I was naively hoping that I could simply connect my laptop to it, locate the video files that I want to keep more permanently on the box and use software to clean it up (start/finish/ads/unwanted bits etc) but if that's going to require lengthy encoding to another video format, that'll change things significantly.

This is why I'm looking for a FAST way to simply save off the video in its current format/settings.

Ta muchly!

Cojcolds