[MacDV] Getting Flip video files in FCP

video at pappals.com video at pappals.com
Sat Feb 13 14:21:28 PST 2010

I dunno how to help you, but I just tried to import a few .mp4
videos and it worked just fine.

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:57 -0500, "Robert & Susan Lloyd"
<lloyds at vermontel.net> wrote:

I'm able to get Flip files (MP4) into FCE by opening them in QT
and saving as .mov files.  In FCE I then open Capture and then go
to Import and import the file.  The file plays okay and behaves
normally.
But when I import either the Flip MP4 file or the QT .mov file
into FCP, FCP will not allow me to play the file in any window.
It goes to "general error" or a window that says the format is
not compatible with what is specified in the sequence.  Any help
out there?
Thanks!
BobLL
p.s. I'm just moving into FCP, so there may be some presets that
in ignorance I haven't made correctly.  But FCP Help says QT
movie files are compatible with FCP.