[MacDV] Problem with choppy audio and video on burned DVDs

scfe at wgn.net scfe at wgn.net
Sat Apr 9 09:27:14 PDT 2011

Hi Guys:

I have a lot of .AVI files of video from my digital cameras that I've burned to DVDs using Roxio Toast 9 Basic. I've set them for "Mac & PC". I'm on a MacBook Pro using Leopard.

I'm not experienced at all with burning video to DVDs, and I'm having a problem when I play back some of the video files I've burned to DVD. When I play them back in Quicktime, the audio and video on some of files are choppy. I only tried to play back one of the choppy files in iMovie and it plays fine there. I've tried burning different brands of DVDs and it doesn't make any difference. What settings do I need to use when I burn the DVDs so this doesn't happen? I can't figure out what the problem is.

And is there any way for me to "fix" the previously burned choppy files so they aren't choppy anymore?

Thanks, so much for your help. I really need to be able to burn these files correctly because they're of training I'm doing with the dogs at my local shelter that I need to have for reference, and a seminar where the instructor asked for a copy of my videos so she can use them for her instruction.

Sincerely,
Heidi O.