[MacDV] Is this list still alive?

TUCKER Ian carlian at chariot.net.au
Wed Jul 13 13:47:03 PDT 2011

Thanks for that Patty.   I kicked off this thread and all of a sudden it went pear shape!

I have had great value from this List over the years, particularly when I was starting with FCP.

First question :- How large is the new FCP package download?

Secondly:-  Are you able to back FCP up to disc (or some other recording medium), or will you have to re-download it any time you want to re-build your computer?

Thirdly:- My Intel Mac Pro is now 5 years old and I am considering going for a new, maxed-out iMac  to replace it.    Any thoughts?

In relation to "2" above , I wonder how people not on Broadband;  can't get Broadband , or live in remote areas are going to get on?
Apple has said you can go to one of their stores to receive the download, but here in Adelaide , Sth Australia,  with a population of around 1.4 million people,  we do not have an Apple store!

In closing, let's keep the List going and keep our questions and comments to Digital Video.

Regards to all,
Ian Tucker