[MacDV] Quality Stills in imovie look awful and jaggy on the DVD

Robert Smith smith-r55 at sky.com
Sun Mar 27 03:43:32 PDT 2011

I have created a sequence in imovie 6 HD of a number of black and white
photos originally large 8" by 6" which I have scanned and imported into
iphoto and then into the time line of imovie. The sequence immediately
follows some  video (DV -PAL) which has the black and white and aged film
effects applied. The sequence looks perfect in imovie and is an important
part of the project. However, when burned onto a DVD using iDVD the first
two photos look awful and jaggy.

I have taken on board the advice in the Missing Manual not to use "share
with iDVD" and to ensure each photo had the Ken Burns feature applied. I
have since re-scanned the photos and totally reBuilt this section of the
project and iDVD has updated it, but now the first two photos are even worse
and the problem now effects the fallowing two photos. I am at a loss to know
what to try next and have a deadline to meet. I am really desperate for some
help, please.