[MacDV] Video conversion suggestions for iPad2

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 10 03:36:39 PDT 2011

Thanks for the suggestion Greg. I've had a play with "iPad Converter" and am reasonably happy with the features, however, I'm getting a terrible audio-synch problem. The timing is sometimes out by a second or two. There's a feature under the Troubleshooting menu called "A/V Synch Fix #1" but I just can't figure out how to use it. There's no execute/start/go type button in that window and when you go back to the other menus (like the create window) it seems to ignore the settings you chose in there (eg. also setting it to create a 60 second test video).

So, it's promising but I really can't use it in its current state.

What I do like about it is that it seems to have the ability to set both auto and manual settings for most video/audio functions, like leaving the resolution as "Auto" and aspect ratio as "Original" meaning I can fix some properties and leave others just as they are. MPEG Streamclip doesn't have these automated options so if you're batching mixed format files, it may get messy.

When I have more time I may email the developer for suggestions on my audio probs.

BTW, I'd call it adWare. The thing is FULL of advertisements. You'd swear it's an internet page. At first I had troubles seeing the application buttons from the ads - initially very distracting and confusing. But you can't argue for a freeby!

Cheers,

Cojcolds