[MG] Playing Multiplaying games

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Fri Dec 13 21:06:55 PST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Marcus wrote:

> Hey All,
> 	While I have had a cable modem for the past year in my area because i
> have a different cable company all my other friends are just now
> starting to get there's and with that we have all started to play
> against each other we games like MOH and SOF2.  The problem comes up
> when a friend tries to serve and get there ip when they are using
> airport or another type of router/hub,  It just needs up not working
> and no one can connect and play.  Is there any kind of special
> procedure of getting around the base station or something else to make
> it so that people with airport can host?  Thanks for your help
>
> -Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Yes, it is possible. You need to find out what ports these games use, and
then make sure that your router is doing NAT and port forwards those ports
to the hosts machine. How this is done depends on your setup. I don't have
an ABS so I can't tell you if it is possible to port forward with this,
but it should be somewhere in most router's configuration utility.

Allan