[MG] good optical mouse? (Was: good 2-button mouse?)

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 18 03:17:08 PST 2002

Jerry Wilson wrote:

> Hey Greg,
>
> Don't mean to butt in here but I have the Micro$oft Wireless Optical
> mouse.  It seems to have an Energy Saving function which allows it to
> sleep if inactive for a few seconds.  After resting a bit there is a
> slight delay when first moving kerser.

Yeah I noticed that too, very irritating! Especially while browsing,
after a few secs it'll sleep and when you want to scroll with the scroll
wheel or use back/forth button you first have to move the mouse :-(
And this mouse really sucks the batteries empty in a few months...

> I haven't tried it as yet but
> could be a problem in gaming.

 > On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 05:39  PM, Gregory Davis wrote:
 >
 >> Other than the size what do you think of the wireless optical mouse as
 >> compared to the one you mention for gaming.

I have used this mouse for a while for gaming, it was ok, but not
optimal, in other words, the optical sensor works ok, but it doesn't
feel 'right', especially with my small hands, that's why I took my old
Logitech wireless scroll mouse out of the cupboard and have it now
laying around on my desk when I'm gonna game on my B&W.
I wish I had another regular intellimouse for my B&W, like I have on my PC.
My bro also likes my regular intellimouse and wants to buy a similar
mouse, the M$ Intellimouse Wireless Optical Blue, but this one doesn't
have the two extra buttons (there also seems to be a black Special
Edition BTW), so he hasn't decided yet which one he wants to buy.

Marc

*
*