[MG] Sim City 4

Andrew Jung ajung at telus.net
Sat Oct 18 17:48:36 PDT 2003

> On 10/7/03 4:54 pm, "W. J. Morrow" <wmorrow at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone received and played around with SimCity 4 yet? I ordered
>> mine
>> last month from Amazon, but it hasn't shipped yet. I use to waste
>> many an
>> hour with the original Simcity and SimCity 2000. This one looks like
>> it
>> should be a lot of fun too.  Any one with first impressions?
>

> Got mine this morning (UK bought from www.macgold.co.uk) but not had
> time to
> play it. Will post later once I have had a chance to play.

I've heard mixed feedback.  One person said that it was okay for a
while, but quickly lost its interest as things slow down a lot once
cities get a certain size.  The other thing that I've heard is that
Aspyr is really not supporting this one very well.  They say that you
have the option of downloading all the add-ons that the PC version has,
but in order to do that, you have to go to the EA site and to get into
that, you have to have a serial number from EA, and well... Aspyr
doesn't give you one.  :(  So you are then stuck to getting mods from
other sites and none of the official ones.  Really bummer.

Andrew.