[MG] iMac Gaming card

JL jedi_lennier at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 01:31:57 PST 2004

The video card on the new imacs, is really bottom-of-the-barrel
with no option to upgrade.  Is this a problem?  Certainly the
games won't look as nice as they could, but since the imac is
supposed to be the consumer model it's quite conceivable that
game makers would dumb-down their games to suit the 32meg vid
cards (as Blizzard did with WoW) in order to maximize their
audience.

As for what you should do, that's up to you.  If my budget
could afford a new mac right now, I would not be buying.  At
the least I would be waiting until after MWSF in early
January, to see what will be announced.  Perhaps there will
be something more to my liking.