[MPA] MOTU 828 Version 1.0 for OS X driver posted

Christopher Sommers csommers at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 19 07:52:32 PST 2002

Ok,
I just got Sound Studio 2.0.7 to work with the 828 and the new 1.0
driver.  However, I guess the trick is to only use it for output.

I set the sound control panel in X to use the 828 for output, but
built-in audio for input.  I then turned on the 828 and launched Sound
Studio.  In the output/input set up in Sound Studio, the 828 was now
showing up in the list of output devices.  I selected it in the output
section and boom, it worked.

So I guess this crash mainly occurs when you select the 828 as an input
device (which makes sense as Sound Studio can't handle all the input
channels of the 828).

Recording worked fine in this set up (using built in audio and built in
mic) with playback through the MOTU.

Regards,
Chris Sommers