[MPA] best mac midi patch editor?481

christian haines christian.haines at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Apr 14 18:12:44 PDT 2003

not sure if ss2.1 does the trick..interesting though

i really need software which can edit multiple midi hardware devices including all
parameters such as dco,dcf,dca, lfo,eg etc
the only 2 major mac ones appear to be sounddiver and unisyn... does anyone own or use
these?

db wrote:

> hi christian...
>
> > i need to buy a software midi patch editor for my studio at uni.
> > i really need suggestions on this ....
>
> well, this might be a bit too lo-tech for your needs...
>
> Sound Studio 2.1
> <http://www.felttip.com/products/soundstudio/>
>
> but it does have a nice feature set and a bargain price... it's fully functional
> for 14 days as well in demo mode. It will import through QuickTime so basic
> editing of midi shouldn't be a prob (but I haven't gone that route myself, so I
> could be blowing smoke) ...still, the price of trying it is right and at last
> glance it was only about 50 bucks US. Rare is the day I don't use it but I'm
> just a happy consumer, not a salesman...
>
> Richard Bright
> Herzogenburg, Austria
>
> ps. just heard a good one from the land of Oz:
> "why is the Australian man is like a wombat?:  he eats
> roots shoots and leaves." (for the uninformed, "root"
> has a completely different meaning in the lingo
> downunder)

> ----------
>
>   iMic   |   Griffin iMic! Add Audio in and out via USB.
> Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/imic.html>

Christian Haines

Associate Lecturer/Studio Coordinator
Electronic Music Unit