[MPA] speaker impedance (OT)

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Fri Apr 18 23:12:01 PDT 2003

While this probably isn't the best mailing list to ask this question, I
can offer a little advice.

Although Yamaha recommends nothing less than 6 ohms, I wouldn't worry
about it unless you drive the amp close to clipping, and even then,
today's amps should have good enough protection circuits to keep the amp
from damaging itself.

David Crandon